Leaking roofs in Texas weather can be real nightmares to deal with. Firstly, they are difficult for homeowners to diagnose. When they are left undiagnosed and untreated, no matter how small the leak is, they can go on to create more damage than expected. It is important to know the causes of roof leaks and how to promptly tackle the problem to save money and hassles in the future.
What Can Cause Roofs To Leak?
If you are an Allen TX local faced with a leaking roof, it can be frustrating not to know the cause. A leak in the roof could be caused by anything, including the following common problems.
- Damage by a storm is one of the most common reasons for roofing leaks. If a leak develops soon after stormy weather, the weather may be the apparent cause. A professional can help diagnose the exact damage in this case.
- Broken or missing shingles, rotting fascia and other gaps can also lead to leaks. Routine roof maintenance or simple inspections can help you spot these gaps and fix them before a leak develops.
- Gaps in the flashing are another cause of leaks. Gaps or cracks in flashing or improperly installed skylights, vent pipes and chimneys with gaps in the joints are also potential causes for roof leaks. Note that even the tiniest gaps or cracks can cause leaks, so these should be addressed at the earliest.
- Standing water collected on the roof for longer than forty eight hours can damage your roof. Water collected in clogged gutters can be one source of this problem. Drainage systems can also be blocked with ice in winter, and cause leaks.
- Gaps in the valleys where the two slopes of a roof meet are potential leakage zones. If the shingles meeting at this edge are not cut accurately, water can enter the seams and trickle into the structure.
Without routine maintenance, roofs are continuously left at the mercy of the local weather and natural wear and tear can occur. This can in turn lead to leaks.
A homeowner can take precautions to make sure that roof leaks are fixed in time, before they advance to levels that need expensive repairs or complete roof replacements.
How Can You Detect Roof Leaks?
If you suspect there is a leak in your roof, one of the easiest ways of spotting it is to go up to the attic on a rainy day. Look for obvious signs of water seeping down the roof. The homeowner’s goal should be to find the leak before the entire roof is damaged. Another way of detecting leaks or preventing them from getting a chance to develop is to carry out routine roof maintenance. This means checking for and repairing broken shingles, cracked fascia, clogged gutters, cracks, gaps in seams and joints in a timely fashion. It is highly recommended that a Roofing Company Allen TX carry out at least one inspection on your roof every year.
Texas is prone to ice damming in winters. If you find leaks that occur only on sunny and warm days, then it is likely the leak was caused by the ice dams.
Minor leaks can cause major damage, so it is essential that any sign of a leak is not left ignored. Whether you are not bothered by it or are thinking of replacing the roof next year, all leaks should be taken care of right now, to prevent rotting, mold, damaged ceilings, rotted sheathing and framing, destroyed insulation and other problems.
Who You Gonna Call?
At All Star Roofing, we understand how roof leaks work, how they can escalate into large-scale roof damages, and how to tackle common problems. We can help you determine if a simple repair will fix your problem or whether a full roof replacement is required. (972) 880-1145
Contact us for an on-site inspection, and we will send an expert over to examine the roof and tell you what types of roof leaks you are facing and all your available options for fixing the leaks.
At All Star Roofing Company Allen TX, we are dedicated to use our experience and highly trained professionals to detect your leak and fix it promptly. Call us to find out what we can do for you today. (972) 880-1145